Thursday, December 13, 2012

new from above/ground press: A Note on the Text, by Seth Landman



A Note on the Text
Seth Landman
$4



A Note on the Text
I have used you
where other words are not
where I am
alone a little
walk a little strong wind
clear eyes full of stars
coming off the crystal the lake
seems to be tonight.
I will write later to light
matches. As much as we are that
we are sentinel listening
over the five or six miles
of threshold between
one town and the next.
This town I found
the cause of it
the river. I have used one thing
where I have had many and the winter
has been difficult and the winter
has not even started yet.
Burn purpose or burn
some big habit you can’t
go back to beforehand.
It will be hard to read
the reminders you set
in the dark preceding
the light in the morning.
By you I mean so it is not
strange but since and promised
and whole in sickness and in
any condition resisted
the big mind shining I know also that.

published in Ottawa by above/ground press
December 2012
a/g subscribers receive a complimentary copy

Seth Landman lives in Northampton, Massachusetts, and is a member of the Agnes Fox collective. His first book, Sign You Were Mistaken, will be out in January from Factory Hollow Press, and Tyoyeu (@tyoyeu), a collaboration with the poet Seth Parker, can be found at www.tyoyeu.blogspot.com.

To order, send cheques (add $1 for postage; outside Canada, add $2) to: rob mclennan, 402 McLeod St #3, Ottawa ON K2P 1A6 or paypal at www.robmclennan.blogspot.com

No comments: